If there is a fundamental falsity in the scientific worldview, which few address, that the human is conceived of as an observing mind gazing upon the world and making theories about it, a view that goes some way to explaining the paradoxical dangers for the human being in science and technology, how much danger lurks in theology conceiving of the human as an observing mind looking at the Divine and theorising about Him? Such false beginnings can never approach the greatness of Ash‘ari kalam or appreciate its significance.
We Accept Dinars and Dirhams
Diwan Press, classical and contemporary books on Islam and Sufism
Diwan Press was established in 1975, and is an illustrious name in English language Islamic publishing with an extensive catalogue of classical and contemporary works on Islam and Sufism. It was re-established in 2008 to place this existing catalogue before readers and to bring out titles continuing that tradition.
- Khutbah 17/3/2017 – Custom and Tradition
- Khutba 10/3/2017 – Shari’ah and Spirituality
- Khutba – 3rd March 2017
- Swedish Islam
- Theology and Metaphysics
- Daniel Abdal-Hayy Moore – may Allah have mercy on him
- This Age of Freedom – Abdassamad Clarke and Uthman Ibrahim-Morrison
- In the Beginning a Man
- The Priceless Value of Youth
- New Tales for Old
- An error has occurred, which probably means the feed is down. Try again later.